Compare text from 2 files Easily
Do you want to compare 2 text files to find differences?
There are various tools online that help you in finding all the differences.
To find differences between to text files on TextCompare, follow these steps:
- Open the first file in your preferred editor.
- Copy the content (Ctrl-C) on to memory
- Paste the copied content in left pane (marked 'Original Text') using Ctrl-V.
- Repeat above steps for second file, and paste the content in right pane (marked 'Modified Text')
- Click Find Difference button.
- Voila, all the differences should be shown to you in a nice colored output format.
- If you want to share this diff with your friends/coworkers, you can choose time limit from the dropdown for selected period.
You can also change the text from 'plaintext' to different language for nice syntax highlighting.
how to compare and contrast two texts
Textcompare already has colored highlights to contrast between the diffs. Green means text is added in modified version & Red line indicates missing text.
Does it work in Windows?
Yes, if your computer is connected to internet, then it will work in windows. You can compare textcompare in any browser other than Internet Explorer.